Welcome at the Faculty of Economics!
The Faculty of Economics provides both teaching and research in economics and management. It is a department of Université de Rennes 1 that gathers about 2 800 students and 100 teaching & research staff.
The Faculty is located in the city center of Rennes, capital of Britanny, in the west part of France. The Faculty buildings have a distinctive architecture, particularly the "Cloître", the Faculty’s historical building, where the library is also located.
From undergraduate to graduate and PhD studies, courses are numerous and cover a wide range of topics and disciplines. Students will be able to acquire knowledge in fields such as Economics, Management, but also Law, Mathematics & Statistics, Social Sciences … Courses are designed to ensure that students develop all the professional skills necessary to meet the requirements of companies and start their carrier. Post-graduation surveys reveal excellent employment rates and wage levels. Foreign students will be able to benefit from all the advantages of great teaching whilst learning French and English and enjoying their stay.
The Faculty is a research intensive faculty. It hosts two research centers : CREM, the Center of Research in Economics & Management, which is approved by CNRS, the largest research institute in France; and CEREQ which is part of a network of research centers dedicated to labour and employment issues.
Keys facts and figures
Each year, the Faculty of Economics welcomes around:
- 1,300 students in bachelors courses, 10% from abroad
- 700 students in masters courses, 12% from abroad
- 45 PhD students, 50% from abroad
- 25 to 30 international visiting professors each year to develop collaboration in research and teaching
Our Faculty offers:
- more than 70 international destinations: 70 outgoing students and 80 incoming students from exchange programs each year
- 5 exchange programs including 5 double degrees
- 2 degrees entirely taught in English : the Bachelor in Business and Applied Economics and the International Master in Public Finance.
- one international section on one of our Bachelor degrees
- 2 800 students
- 3 Bachelors, 8 Masters/16 specialties
- 92 Professors and 350 external Professors
- Member of 2 research units
- 1 Bloomberg trading room, 1 experimental economics laboratory
- Student professional integration: Master (92%), PhD (92%)
- Strong links with business world
- 18 Student associations (with current students and alumni)
Presentation brochure to download