- Hall of residence
- Arrival dates in Hall of residence
- Documents required at your arrival
- Application for housing assistance CAF
- If you apply for housing on campus, you will receive a letter by the end of June, or from the beginning of December for Spring semester, informing you of your housing assignment, move in date and time. Be careful: Please note that the rooms are assigned by chronological arrival order of the booking form.
- Furnished rooms with or without private bathroom and toilets are available for nine months, from 01/09 to 30/05.
- Foreign students can receive funding from the CAF (Family Allowance Fund).
With CROUS accommodation, you do not pay the local tax, and internet is included in the rent.
Hall of residence
Every room in a hall of residence has a surface of 9 m² and is equipped with: a bed, a desk, a washbasin, a cupboard, shelves.
- Traditional rooms of 9 m² having collective kitchen areas, rooms of work, meeting and relaxation. Toilet blocks on each floor.
Rent 2019-2020: 165€ per month
- Renovated rooms between 9 m² and 12 m², having a privative bathroom. Cooking and space of relaxation on each floor.
Rent 2019-2020: 244€ per month
You’ll need to provide your own bed linen such as:
- Duvet and duvet cover
- Bed sheets
- Pillow(s) and pillow cases
- Bath and hand towels
We advise you to choose the rooms with own bathroom: they are more comfortable and most of the time have been renovated recently.
Arrival dates in Hall of residence
Dates from which you can arrive in your accommodation:
Academic year - Fall semester
- 28 August: Cité Universitaire Villejean Alsace
- 26 August: Cité Universitaire Sévigné
- 26 August: Cité Universitaire Patton
- 28 August: Cité Universitaire Beaulieu
If you arrive before these dates, you will have to pay per night:
- 17€ in Renovated Rooms
- 11€ in Traditional Rooms
You will have to pay for the month of September if you cancel after August 31 !
- 2 January
You will have to pay for the month of January if you cancel after December 15 !
If you arrive on Monday to Friday after 16:00 or on Saturday or Sunday, you have to warn directly the residential hall (email on the letter) in advance about your arrival - date and hour.
Documents required at your arrival
For all students:
- the document “Internal rules” of the residential hall signed,
- the payment of the rent for September (and additional nights if you arrive before September 1st - from August 24),
- a security deposit equal to one month rent. It will be cashed but you will be paid back two months after your departure (unless there are damages in the room),
- 2 ID photos,
- the copy of your ID card or passport,
- an insurance certificate in your name for house (multi-risk), fire, water damage including "civil liability"*.
*A “civil Liability” covers you for personal injury or material damage accidentally caused to others during your studies at the University, “civil liability” insurance is often included in “housing” insurance.
If you have an insurance in your home country, you can ask your insurance provider whether you are also covered in France. If so, you can bring insurance certificates with you.
The certificate must be in French and explicitly mention the address of the Residence.
If you do not have an insurance, the reception of the residential hall will tell you how you can have one (Supplement health insurance for students, certain banks or private insurance companies).
For Non European students:
You must present a document from a financially-sound person living in one of the countries of the European Union stating that they undertake to pay one year’s rent should you fail to do so.
Or you can use « Visale » :
is an insurance allowing students without guarantor to have easier access to housing.
Application for housing assistance CAF
Like French students, foreign students can receive funding from the CAF (Family Allowance Fund) to pay their rent.
Our student housing aid for fall 2018