Université de Rennes 1 is a transdisciplinary research-based university.
It elaborates research and higher education in three areas:
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Health
- Law, Political science, Economics, Management and Administration Science
- Human Sciences, Philosophy and Communication Science.
In Rennes, the University is split into three major campuses with all facilities. It also has several departments outside of Rennes, in Brittany.
- 27 733 students (3522 international ones,125 countries)
- Student professional integration: 92%
- 1830 faculty members, 340 researchers
- 3,765 employees
- University parnerships and cooperations with 56 countries, 138 bilateral partnerships, 35 double degrees
- 32 Research labs
- 6 Campuses, 63 student associations
- Diapason Center for Arts & Culture, Sport servcice with 46 sport activities
- 1 foundation : « Fondation Rennes 1 »
Our University offers:
- 360 diplomas
- 220 training courses in higher education :
- 16 bachelor degrees and 37 vocational degrees
- 31 master degrees (involving 123 in-degree specializations)
- 2 engineering degrees in 6 specialities
- 20 PhD degrees
- 17 two-year technological undergraduate diplomas
Université de Rennes 1 involves :
- 32 research units divided among 4 research sectors :
- 4 doctoral schools for each major research sector
- 3,522 international students from 125 countries
- Parnerships and cooperations with 56 countries
- 138 international bilateral partnerships
- 456 incoming students, 408 outgoing students
- 600 students in overseas internships
- High level international courses: 2 Erasmus Mundus masters and 35 double degrees
- Involvment in several international programs: Erasmus+, PCRD (exchange program for researchers), BCI (program with Quebec), AUF (exchanges with French-speaking countries)...